Daytime Book Group comes together once a month to discuss books that explore life from many angles - from the author's viewpoint, from the characters' experiences, and from the group members' personal perspectives. The group reads both fiction and non-fiction, and participants engage in lively discussions on the topic. Members usually meet after the book discussion at a nearby restaurant for social talk and visiting.
@ Westbank Library on Sunday, January 6th at 4:00 p.m.
January's selection is My Year with Eleanor: A Memoir by Noelle Hancock. This memoir recounts how a quote written on a coffee shop chalkboard changed Noelle's life.
"Do one thing every day that scares you." —Eleanor Roosevelt
Title selections for 2013:
- February - 1984 by George Orwell
- March - The Ask by Sam Lipsyte
- April - Pink Boots and a Machete by Mireya Mayor
- May - The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka
- June - Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- July - The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler
- August - There But For The by Ali Smith
- September - The Transit of Venus by Shirley Hazzard
- October - A Million Heavens by John Brandon
- November - Defending Jacob by William Landay
- December - I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron